This site is intended as a platform for my thoughts and a location for publishing some of the work that I do.
My primary areas of interest at the moment are:
- Linux Solutions
- OpenID and other authentication
- Identity and Authorization Management
- Security and reliability technologies
- Windows® infrastructure and solution design
- Windows® command scripting
- HTML, Perl, PHP and related technologies
- A few others that are only worth mentioning when I have content available
Currently within this site you will find:
- Information, tutorials and examples of advanced Windows® command line scripting
- Blogs and general notes on Linux, things I have discovered on my path to Linification
- Occasional other points of interest
The tutorials and examples on this site are intended to enlighten and assist people wanting to use Windows command line scripts for automation and administration in the dark world known as ‘IT’. The examples are not intended to be ‘turnkey’ solutions, merely a starter for providing enhanced functionality in your Windows based environment without needing 3rd party tools or expensive programmers. Most of the items have been formulated out of pure frustration with the general ‘way of doing things’, not willing to give up functionality and simplicity for GUI’s sake.
I host this site because I believe in the sharing of knowledge. Much of what I know has been gained from sites like this, hosted by people that have been prepared to share their knowledge with others. I hope that you find the information on the site useful. If all I do is offer some idea of what is possible and what can be achieved, then I have been successful in my intentions.
Happy browsing. Any comments can be sent via the contact page or in the comment boxes.